April 27, 2022 SiriusXM Subscription Rate Change for News, Sports & Talk package – Frequently Asked Questions
1. When did the subscription rates change?
The new subscription rates were effective as of April 27, 2022. The new rates apply to subscription purchases made on and after that date, or renewals of existing subscriptions that are processed on and after that date.
2. Which packages were impacted by the April 27, 2022 rate change, and by how much did the rates change?
The current monthly rate for the News, Sports & Talk plan increased by $2 per month.
3. My current subscription plan does not renew until April 27, 2022 or later. When will I be billed at the new rates?
You will be billed the new rate the next time your plan renews on and after April 27, 2022.
4. My News Sports Talk plan is tied to the same radio as my subscription for SiriusXM Traffic, Travel Link, SiriusXM Aviation or Marine. Did the rate increase on those plans?
5. I'm currently on a trial subscription, but prior to April 27, 2022, I purchased a plan to start when my trial ends. When will I be charged the new rate?
If you have already purchased a News, Sports & Talk Plan prior to April 27, 2022 as your follow-on plan to your current trial, the increase will not apply until after the initial billing period following your trial. Then, whenever your plan bills again, you will be charged the new adjusted rate (or the rate in effect at that time).
If you chose a monthly billing plan to follow your trial, the first month will not be impacted by the adjustment. The new rates will apply to the second and subsequent months of your plan.
If you chose a quarterly billing plan to follow your trial, the first three months of your service will be at the current rates. You will not be billed at the new adjusted rate until your plan bills again (after the first three months).
6. Will you notify me about the News, Sports & Talk rate changes?
Yes, if we have valid contact information on your account, we will send a notification to you by mail or email, before your plan bills or renews.
Please visit the Online Account Center to make sure your contact information is up to date. If you have never accessed your online account, you will need to go through a short registration process. Click here to register your account.
7. For more information or questions?
Please see our Customer Agreement for information about our services, how to cancel and ways to contact us.