I logged in to my account using the correct user name and password, but got an error message. What happened?
In order to use your SiriusXM internet music for Business service, you must Login using the internet music for Business player, which can only be accessed from the link on the www.siriusxm.com/business page. You will not be able to access your Business subscription using any other Sirius or XM player found online.
What do I do when the player buffers and then displays the message "100% of 1K" but nothing plays?
If you see this message, please upgrade to the latest version of Windows Media Player.
What is the recommended hardware and software for using the SiriusXM Player?
For the best experience, we recommend:
- PC - Windows 98 or NT 4 and above
- MAC - OS 9.0 or higher, including Mac OS X
- Connection Speed - ISDN or higher
- Browser - Safari 1.0 or higher, Netscape 7, Firefox 1.5 or higher, Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, AOL Version 5.0 or higher
- Flash - Version 7.0 or higher
- Media Player - Windows Media Player plug-in is required. The latest version is suggested.
- PC users: download the latest Windows Media Player here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx
- Mac users: download the Flip4Mac plug in here: http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm (Microsoft has ceased supporting Windows Media Player for the Mac).
Is the "Last 5 Songs You Heard" for the last 5 songs on the current channel, or the last 5 songs I actually listened to while surfing around?
These are the last 5 songs you've actually heard from beginning to end. In order for the song name and artist to enter the "Last 5 songs You Heard" list, you must listen to a song from the very beginning. Otherwise, the player cannot add the song you heard from the list.
Why don't I see a song title or artist name in the player?
Song title and artist name data is married with the stream of music by the Windows Media Encoder. When this data arrives at your PC, it is displayed using an ActiveX control. However, because all Macintosh browsers and PC browsers other than Internet Explorer do not provide ActiveX support for the Windows Media Player, that information cannot be displayed when those browsers are utilized.
What's an ActiveX control?
ActiveX is a set of technologies created by Microsoft for sharing information among different programs. The 'control' is simply the use of ActiveX. In the case of siriusxm.com, the ActiveX control is sharing song and artist data found in the Windows Media Player plug-in with your browser. It is similar to a Java applet, except that ActiveX controls have full access to the Windows operating system only; they do NOT work with Macintosh browsers and certain PC browsers.
Why does SiriusXM internet music for Business reload every time I touch a button or change a channel?
Due to the way our media player operates, it is necessary for the player to communicate with the server every time you change what channel you are listening to.
Why does the player say it is "ready" when I click on a channel, but no music is playing?
Part of our security system for the player uses a system of digital keys. These keys are valid for only a short period of time. In order to ensure that your browser doesn't keep and try to use old and invalid keys, you must set your browser to cache pages either automatically or to never cache them at all.
- To do this in Internet Explorer, go to your browser's Tools menu, click on Internet Options, then Settings, then select Never or Automatically, click Apply and then Okay. This should resolve the problem.
- For Netscape on Windows, go to your browser's Edit menu, choose Preferences, select Advanced, then select Cache. Under Compare the page in the cache to the page on the network select "Every time I view the page" for best results.
- For Internet Explorer on Mac go to your browser's Explorer menu, choose Preferences, and then click on Advanced. Under Update Pages select Always for best results.
- These settings may vary from browser to browser.
Why does SiriusXM internet music for Business tell me that I need to download the Windows Media Player even though I already have it?
There are a few possibilities:
- You are not using version 6.0 or higher of the Windows Media Player. If this is the case, please visit Microsoft's Download Center in order to download the latest version.
- The Windows Media Player is not compatible with all browsers. If you would like to listen to SiriusXM online we recommend that you use either Firefox 1.5 or Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
Why does the channel I'm listening to keep closing down?
Re-buffering is something that is experienced with all live internet streaming. Most often, the reasons for this are due to your Internet connection speed (56K or lower) or excess Internet traffic. You could try waiting a few minutes or accessing the channel later when there might not be as much traffic.
Why does the channel I am listening to keep re-buffering?
This is most likely because of network traffic.
Is this content you are streaming the same as what I will hear through my satellite radio?
No. SiriusXM internet music for Business is a premium service that features music programming developed for business subscribers. The music channel lineup includes 31 DJ and message-free Music Channels programmed exclusively for our business subscribers.
Okay, it still isn't working.
There may be several reasons for this. We suggest:
- Disable all pop-up blockers (the Google toolbar, Norton Internet Security) at the moment you attempt to launch SiriusXM Player.
- Upgrade Windows Media Player to the latest version available.
- If you are using Real Networks' Real Player, disable it for the duration of your listening.
- Ask the user to clear their cache. Follow the steps below:
- Internet Explorer - Click Tools, then Internet Options. Click on the General Tab. Look for Temporary Internet Files and click Delete Files. Click OK. Click OK again.
- Netscape - Click Edit, then Preferences. Click the + (plus) sign in front of the word Advanced. Click Cache. Click Clear Memory Cache and press Yes on the dialog box. Next click Clear Disk Cache and press Yes on the dialog box. Click OK again to close the Cache Dialog box.
- Internet Explorer on MAC - Click Edit, then select Preferences followed by Web Browser, then Advanced. Click Empty.
Why do I get a "You've Been Logged Out" message when I try to listen to the Player?
Your username and password are being used in another location. Your username and password can only be used at one computer at a time. This may have happened if you have shared your login information with friends or family. If this is unauthorized usage, please contact SiriusXM Business Support at 1-866-345-7474.
Can I get multiple logins for online listening?
Can I just subscribe to SiriusXM internet music for Business on a monthly or annual plan.
Yes. You can subscribe to any SiriusXM internet music for Business plans by contacting SiriusXM Business Support at 1-866-345-7474.
Why do I have to enter the letters and numbers from that wavy image when I try and sign in to your website?
These images are known as a CAPTCHA. This helps to prevent fraud on our web site and allows you to use the services on our website without interruption.
Click for the Terms and Conditions of the SiriusXM internet music for Business service.
Have more questions?
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.