SiriusXM Internet Radio FAQs
- What is SiriusXM Internet Radio?
- Which internet-enabled products are currently able to access SiriusXM Internet Radio?
- If necessary, how do I download and install the SiriusXM Internet Radio application?
- How do I launch the application after downloading it?
- In what countries can I receive the service?
- Can I listen on multiple devices?
- What is the cost of this application?
- Do I need a satellite radio device to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio?
- Can I try Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio before buying?
- Will I be automatically charged after the free trial?
- How do I subscribe after the free trial ends?
- Why am I having trouble logging in?
- I forgot my username or password?
- Why don't certain channels appear on my mobile device?
- How many channels are included with this service?
- Will I continue to receive emails, text messages, and phone calls while listening to the application?
- Can I use other applications while listening to the SiriusXM Internet Radio?
- How can I pause or mute my app's audio?
- Why do I hear different quality audio at different times when I listen to the service?
- Why do channels occasionally stop playing audio?
- I deleted the application off my device — why am I still getting a monthly bill?
- How do I cancel my Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription?
- What are your Customer Support hours?
- Why am I required to update my SiriusXM Internet Radio mobile application?
- What SiriusXM mobile applications are impacted by this update?
- How do I update my SiriusXM Internet Radio mobile application?
- What happens if I don't update to the new version of the mobile application?
- What has changed with the new mobile application?
- I listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio on my computer or other non-mobile device. Do the location restrictions apply to the SiriusXM Media Player, TTR1 Radio, Sonos etc.?
- Do I need to upgrade software on non-mobile devices in order to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio?
- What channels contain location-restricted programming?
- I am in the United States or Puerto Rico, but am unable to listen to location-restricted channels. What's wrong?
- What subscription package is required to listen to NFL Play-by-Play games online?
- Will my SiriusXM Internet Radio Username and Password work with the new mobile application?
- Is the new mobile application still free?
SiriusXM Internet Radio delivers over 130 channels of SiriusXM programming, including online-only channels, to your PC or Mac as well as smartphones and supported internet-enabled devices. One subscription grants you access to multible broadband connected devices so you can always have SiriusXM with you wherever you go.
The following Internet-enabled devices have native support (simply login & listen) for enjoying the Sirius Internet Radio service:
- Autonomic Mirage Media Control System
- Grace — select models
- Integra — select AV receivers
- Logitech Internet Radios — Squeezbox models and Transporter
- Niveus Media Systems
- NuVo Systems
- Onkyo — select AV receivers
- Pioneer — select AV receivers
- Rotel — select components
- SIRIUS TTR1 Tabletop Radio
- Sonos Multi-Room Music Systems
- Yamaha — select AV receivers
The following smartphones and media players require use of a FREE downloadable SiriusXM Internet Radio application:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPod touch (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
- BlackBerry Storm & Storm2 (9500 Series)
- BlackBerry Bold (9000 Series)
- BlackBerry Bold (9700 Series)
- BlackBerry Tour (9600 Series)
- BlackBerry Curve (8500 Series)
- BlackBerry Curve (8900 Series)
- Motorola DROID
- Motorola CLIQ
- HTC Droid Incredible
- HTC Droid Eris
- HTC Hero
- Google G1
- Google Nexus 1
- Other Android Smartphones — The application should function, but has not been tested by SiriusXM. (Note: Requires OS 1.5 or higher)
Ensure that you are running the latest software & firmware on your device. For instructions on how to upgrade your device software or firmware, visit the manufacturer's website.
Visit siriusxm.com/mobile, and select your device, then follow the on-screen prompts.
Depending on your device-type, the application icon will appear either on your device home screen, in your "downloads" folder or in your applications tab. Simply click the SiriusXM icon to launch the application. If you are having trouble, ensure that you are running the latest software & firmware on your device. For instructions on how to upgrade your device software or firmware, visit the manufacturer's website.
The SiriusXM Internet Radio Service is available to those at least 18 years of age in the 50 United States, the District Of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Some SiriusXM Internet Radio Pricing Plans require a qualifying Satellite Radio subscription; and the SiriusXM U.S. Satellite Service is available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and the District Of Columbia, with Sirius also available in Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations).
Yes! Your SiriusXM Internet Radio username and password can be used to access the service on multiple devices as well as your computer; however, you can only log into one location at a time.
The application is FREE, and streaming to your mobile device is included in the cost of your SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription. You can also sample great SiriusXM content with a FREE Trial. Visit siriusxm.com/mobile for more details.
No. Satellite Radio Hardware is not required to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio. However, satellite radio subscribers do receive a discount on the SiriusXM Internet Radio Service.
Yes, visit: siriusxm.com/mobile to sign up for a free trial. When you register for your free trial, we will email you a username and password that can be used to login and listen on your PC or MAC as well as you smartphone or tablet.
If you registered for our Standard 7-Day Free Trial you will not be charged after your 7-Day Free Trial expires. However, SiriusXM does have additional trial packages available that include a recurring billing component. Each trial is governed by the "Offer Details" associated with that trial.
To subscribe to SiriusXM Internet Radio and continue listening after your free trial expires, visit siriusxm.com/mobile and click the "Subscription Options" button to choose the plan that's right for you. You can also call Listener Care at 1-866-635-2349 to add Internet Radio to your existing satellite account.
SiriusXM Internet Radio usernames and passwords are case-sensitive so make sure to type carefully. If you are still having trouble, you can verify your account status by calling Listener Care at 1-866-635-2349.
SiriusXM offers all of the channels for which we have mobile performance rights. For that reason, certain channels which may be available on your Satellite Radio or Internet Radio service may not be available on your mobile device.
You'll have access to over 130 music, sports, talk, comedy & entertainment channels from your device. The device content lineup will be very similar to your Internet Radio service lineup. Exact content will vary since SiriusXM has a number of different service Packages featuring varying content. For a full channel listing, please visit siriusxm.com/mobile.
Yes. Emails, text messages, and phone calls will still be delivered to your mobile device even while the app is playing.
Some mobile devices allow third party applications to run "in the background" and others do not. Currently, you can listen to the SiriusXM application "in the background" on BlackBerry & Android products, as well as iPad, iPad2, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009) running iOS4.2 and higher.
SiriusXM is a live streaming broadcast, so it cannot be "paused" and then later resumed from the same point in the broadcast at this time. However, you can stop audio by pressing the play/stop button on your device.
WiFi coverage should provide consistently high-quality audio but you may notice variability in audio quality when your device is connecting to the cellular network. The SiriusXM Internet Radio application uses "variable bitrates" in order to provide you with the highest quality of audio possible given your cellular network conditions.
The network connection on your mobile device can sometimes be lost, interfering with audio performance. Audio should automatically restart once the network connection is regained, but if you have been out of coverage for a significant period of time you may need to re-select the channel (or select an alternate channel) to continue listening.
Because your subscription to SiriusXM Internet Radio allows you to listen online on your PC or Mac as well as on your internet-enabled device, deleting the application from your device does not automatically cancel your subscription.
Call Listener Care at 1-866-635-2349 to manage your account—including canceling your service.
Customer support is available 7 days/week. Agents are available to respond to customer queries during the following timeframes:
- Monday–Saturday 8AM–11PM ET
- Sunday 8AM–8PM ET
Call Listener Care at 1-866-635-2349
We are updating our mobile applications to comply with certain program provider policies. These policies require that users be physically located within the United States or Puerto Rico to listen to location-restricted programming, primarily live sports events.
All SiriusXM mobile applications require this update. If you have a SiriusXM Internet Radio application on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android or Blackberry model smartphones, you must update your mobile application in order to continue listening to SiriusXM on your mobile devices.
Updating the application is quick, easy and free. When you receive an update notice on your mobile device, simply follow the instructions on your device, or you can download the updated SiriusXM Internet Radio application from the following sites:
- iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch users can download the application by going to the iTunes App Store and searching "SiriusXM Internet Radio"
- Android users can download the application by visiting the Android Market on your Android smartphone
- BlackBerry users can download the application by visiting www.siriusxm.com/blackberry
Updated applications for each smartphone model may not be released simultaneously. Do not update your current application until you receive an update notice on your mobile device.
If you do not update your mobile application, you will not be able to access SiriusXM Internet Radio on your mobile device.
The new mobile applications add the ability to deny access to location-restricted programming, primarily live sports events, if your physical location is outside of the United States or Puerto Rico. If you attempt to listen to location-restricted programming, the application will determine your physical location. If you have disabled location services on your device, you will need to enable them prior to accessing and listening to location-restricted programming. You will only be required to do this if and when you attempt to listen to location-restricted programming.
Yes, users of the SiriusXM Media Player, TTR1 Radio and other Internet enabled devices must be physically located in the United States or Puerto Rico in order to access location-restricted programming.
No, you do not need to update software for non-mobile devices like the SiriusXM Media Player or TTR1 in order to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio on these devices. However, if you listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio via a mobile application, you will need to update the application to continue listening on your mobile device.
The NFL Play by Play channels, SiriusXM NFL Radio, ESPN, ESPN Extra and ESPN Deportes are restricted to listening within the United States or Puerto Rico. There are no location restrictions or blackouts within the United States or Puerto Rico.
If you are listening on a mobile device, check your mobile device settings and ensure that your location settings are enabled. If the device cannot determine your location when you attempt to listen to the restricted channels, access will be denied. On most devices, location settings can be found in the Settings menu underneath "Location" or "General." Consult the user manual for your device for specific instructions.
If the location services on your mobile device are enabled, or you are listening on a non-mobile device (Media Player, TTR1), you may not have the required SiriusXM subscription package. Certain channels require a Premier (formerly known as Best of) subscription. Visit www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions for information on how to upgrade your subscription to receive these channels.
The NFL requires that SiriusXM subscribers have a qualified satellite radio subscription to listen to NFL Play-by-Play. A qualified satellite radio subscription is Sirius Select, Sirius Premier or XM Premier (formerly known as Best of Sirius) satellite subscription. With a qualified satellite subscription and a $2.99 add-on SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription, you can also listen to NFL Play-By-Play online. If you have a stand-alone SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription with no satellite subscription, you cannot listen to NFL Play-By-Play online. Please visit www.siriusxm.com/internetradio for more details.
Yes. You can access the updated SiriusXM Internet Radio application with the same username and password you used to access previous versions of the mobile application.
Yes, the new application is free.