Answers to most questions about the July 17th channel changes and lineup can be found by clicking on the topics below.
Overview Back to top
What changes happened on July 17th?
SiriusXM introduced several exciting improvements to our channel lineup on July 17th, including the addition of several new music and talk channels.
July 17th marked the launch of Venus in the Pop category, featuring upbeat pop and R&B from the 2000s through today. We also added some of our most popular Internet channels to our satellite lineup, including Y2Kountry (Channel 57) for country hits of the 2000s, and Utopia (Channel 55) featuring huge dance hits from the ‘90s and 2000s. Of course, this is all in addition to the exciting debut of TODAY Show Radio (channel 108), as well as the return of big band swing on ‘40s on 4 in June.
For subscribers with XM radios, we reorganized our College Sports and NFL programming, so finding your favorite teams is now easier and more intuitive than ever. The biggest college conferences like Big 12, ACC, Big Ten, PAC 12, and SEC now have their own, dedicated play-by-play channels. Plus, NFL Play-by-Play has its own block of labeled channels (225-234), so finding your game will be a snap. Whether you enjoy College, MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL, it's now easier to find your favorite games.
We also made some minor adjustments to our lineup including renaming some channels and moving a few others to a different number or category that’s more logical or appropriate. Only a few channels were impacted by these changes.
Why did you make these changes?
Nothing motivates us more than our listeners. Creating an innovative, exciting listening experience – one that you cannot get anywhere else – is our ongoing mission. The changes we made on July 17th help us bring listeners like you the very best programming around. We hope you’ll tune in and find even more to love on SiriusXM.
New Channels Back to top
What new channels did you add to my lineup?
- Tune to Channel 108 to hear TODAY Show Radio, which launched on June 25th. For the first time ever, you can listen to the TODAY Show live with rebroadcasts throughout the day. TODAY Show Radio is available on Channel 108 in the Entertainment Category on satellite radios.
- Venus, a new channel featuring upbeat Pop/R&B from the 2000’s thru today, is available on Channel 3 on satellite radios, Internet radio, and on compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app.
- Utopia (Channel 55) and Y2Kountry (Channel 57) were added to the satellite radio lineup. Listeners with SiriusXM Internet radio and compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app had already been enjoying these channels.
- ‘40s on 4 returned to the lineup June 26th and is available on Channel 4 on satellite radios, Internet radio, and on compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app.
Are you planning to add other channels?
Yes! We’re pleased to announce that, later this year, we’ll be launching Joel Osteen Radio. Stay tuned for more details.
To see the full channel listing for your radio and package, click here.
Getting Started Back to top
How can I find my favorite channels now?
A few channels moved on July 17th, so you’ll find most of your favorites at their normal locations. Just click here to look up a specific channel. While you're there, take a moment to view and print the full lineup for quick reference, or create a customized channel guide with your favorites to keep handy by your radio.
What is TODAY Show Radio? (Channel 108)
NBC’s TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Every weekday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET, Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Carson Daly, Tamron Hall, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford bring SiriusXM listeners the latest and most relevant news and weather information as heard each day on TODAY. The channel carries TODAY’s staple newsmaker interviews, as well as the uplifting stories that have become the hallmark of the broadcast, and gives listeners the most important information they need to start their day. If you miss the live broadcast, the channel will feature replays throughout the day. You can find TODAY Show Radio on Channel 108.
What is Venus? (Channel 3)
Venus is a new channel featuring rhythmic pop hits from the 2000s through today. Listeners can enjoy upbeat music from artists such as Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna. Venus is on Channel 3.
What other channels were added to my lineup?
Utopia (Channel 55) and Y2Kountry (Channel 57) were added to the satellite radio lineup on July 17th. Subscribers with SiriusXM Internet radio and compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app had already been enjoying these channels. For the locations of these and other new channels, please click here to view, download and print an updated channel guide.
Did you remove any channels from the Sirius or XM lineup?
Some channels are no longer available on satellite radio beginning July 17th:
- 20 on 20 (Channel 3) is no longer available, but we continue to break new songs and artists on SiriusXM Hits 1 (Channel 2), Alt Nation (Channel 36), BPM (Channel 51), and on many other channels.
- SiriusXM Pops (Channel 75) merged into Symphony Hall (Channel 76) on satellite radio. You can still hear SiriusXM Pops on SiriusXM Internet Radio and on our mobile app. For a free SiriusXM Internet Radio trial, please visit siriusxm.com/freetrial.
- Vivid Radio (Channel 102) is no longer available on satellite radio, but is still available on SiriusXM Internet Radio and our mobile app, on SiriusXM Limited Engagements 6 (Channel 791) in the Entertainment category. Please visit siriusxm.com/freetrial for a free SiriusXM Internet Radio Trial.
Canada Talks (Channel 167) and Ici Première (Channel 170) were removed from the XM News, Sports and Talk package and added to the XM Mostly Music package.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
We moved some channels to make our lineup more intuitive and easier to navigate.
New Channel Number Assignments
- Willie’s Roadhouse moved from Channel 56 to Channel 59.
- The Highway moved from Channel 59 to Channel 56.
- Road Dog Trucking moved from Channel 128 to Channel 146
- ESPN Radio moved from Channel 84 to Channel 83.
- ESPN Xtra moved from Channel 85 to Channel 84.
- Mad Dog Sports Radio moved from Channel 86 to Channel 85.
- Indie moved from Channel 104 to Channel 102.
- SiriusXM Stars moved from Channel 106 to Channel 109.
- OutQ moved from Channel 109 to Channel 106.
- SiriusXM Urban View moved from Channel 110 (Entertainment Category) to Channel 126 (Politics/Issues Category)
- La Mezcla moved from Channel 148 to Channel 149.
- Aguila moved from Channel 151 to Channel 148.
- SiriusXM Public Radio moved from Channel 205 to Channel 121 on Sirius radios and is now available with all SiriusXM subscriptions.
New Sports Channel Number Assignments for Sirius radios
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio moved from Channel 207 to Channel 211
- SiriusXM NBA Radio moved from Channel 217 to Channel 207
New Sports Channel Number Assignments for XM radios
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio moved from Channel 211 to Channel 218
- SiriusXM NBA Radio moved from Channel 217 to Channel 86
Did you reorganize XM Sports Play-by-Play Channels?
Yes – we reorganized our College Sports and NFL programming so finding your favorite teams is easier and more intuitive than ever. The biggest college conferences—including Big 12, ACC, Big Ten, PAC 12, and SEC—now have their own, dedicated play-by-play channels. Plus, NFL Play-by-Play now has its own block of channels (channels 225-234), so finding your favorite team and game will be easier than ever.
- SEC Play-by-Play is now on Channels 190-192
- ACC Play-by-Play is now on Channels 193-194
- Big Ten Play-by-Play is now on Channels 195-196
- Pac 12 Play-by-Play is now on Channels 197-198
- Big 12 Play-by-Play is now on Channels 199-200
- NBA Play-by-Play is now on Channels 212-217
- NHL Play-by-Play is now on Channels 219-223
- NFL Play-by-Play is now on Channels 225-234
For XM Satellite Radio Subscribers: IZOD IndyCar Series (Channel 209) was renamed Verizon IndyCar Series. The content did not change.
Listeners with SiriusXM Internet Radio and compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app have already been enjoying dedicated play-by-play channels.
The Hip-Hop/R&B category was split into two categories to make it easier to find the music genre that you listen to.
The new Hip-Hop category includes the following channels:
- Hip-Hop Nation (Channel 44)
- Shade 45 (Channel 45)
- Backspin (Channel 46)
The new R&B category includes the following channels:
- The Heat (Channel 47)
- Heart & Soul (Channel 48)
- Soul Town (Channel 49)
- The Groove (Channel 50)
Do I need to do anything for the channel updates?
Just give your radio a few extra moments to update when you first turn it on. Why? Your radio may need 2-5 minutes to receive the updated lineup from our satellites. During this time, the audio you hear may not match what is shown on your display and you may see messaging such as "updating channels" or "acquiring signal" on your radio's display.
Let it update. Please do not change channels while your radio is updating, as this will delay the update from being completed.
Once the update is complete, tune to the channel you want to hear and you're all set.
Visit www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate to download the updated channel guide so you can quickly find the new channels and any favorites that may have moved.
Some listeners may need to take additional action on or after July 17th. Please click here if one or more of the following applies to you:
- You have an XM dock and play radio and your audio does not match the channel you are tuned to, your presets return the wrong channel or some of the new channels are missing.
- You have a Sirius radio and you use the channel preset or channel blocking features on your radio.
- You have a Sirius radio and you subscribe to Family Friendly, Mostly Music, News, Sports and Talk, Español, or Basic.
- You have an A La Carte or A La Carte Gold package.
- You have a Sirius or XM radio model that is able to record programming and you have set up a specific program or programs to be recorded.
- You are having some other technical issue with your radio that began on or after July 17th.
Do I have to reset my radio presets?
Probably not. The first time you turn your radio on after July 17th, your radio preset buttons should automatically sync to the new locations for any channels that you've chosen as presets. If this does not happen automatically, follow the instructions included with your vehicle owner's manual to quickly update your presets or click here to find user guides for a variety of radios.
SiriusXM Internet Radio Back to top
I listen to SiriusXM on my computer, tablet or mobile device. Did you make any changes to the Internet Radio lineup?
Venus was added to the lineup, SiriusXM Pops moved to Channel 760, and Vivid Radio moved to Channel 791 (labeled SiriusXM Limited Engagements 6 in the Entertainment category). A few more channels changed their locations and others were renamed so that the lineup is be more intuitive.
To see the full Internet Radio lineup and to create your own customized channel guide, click here.
Need Help/Troubleshooting Back to top
A few of our listeners who have specific types of radios may experience minor technical issues once these channel additions and adjustments are completed. Most of these issues can be easily solved by giving your radio a few extra minutes to finish updating the first time you power it up. Other potential issues and troubleshooting tips are provided below.
If you have a Sirius radio and your presets no longer take you to your favorite channels, you may have to reset one or more of your preset buttons.
This is easy to do and should only take a few moments.
Click here to see the full channel guide—or to customize your own.
Follow the instructions that came with your radio to quickly reset those channels. Click here to get channel preset instructions for a variety of radios.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Some XM receivers will continue trying to update even after they have been properly updated. Simply push the POWER button to turn your radio on, wait three to five minutes, and then press the POWER button again to turn the radio off (turning the car's ignition off and on does not count).
Your XM radio should work properly the next time you turn your radio back on
This issue may occur if you drive a Model Year 2008 or later GM vehicle with a pre-installed XM radio. If this occurs, you will need to update the preset button labels on your radio. This is a simple procedure:
Press and hold the preset button until you hear a beep.
The preset button label should then match the name and number of the channel you're tuned to. Follow the instructions that came with your radio to quickly reset those channels. We apologize for any inconvenience. Click here for channel preset instructions for a variety of XM radios.
I have an XM radio and the programming I hear does not match the channel name/number displayed on the radio.
A small number of dealer-installed XM Satellite radios used predominantly in Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles may not properly adjust to the new channel locations.
If you have one of these radios you may notice that the programming you hear does not match the channel name and number you see on your radio. As you tune up and down the dial, the sequence of channel names you see may not match the sequence of programming that you hear as you change the channels.
Click on the appropriate link below for printable instructions for performing what is called a "Channel List Update," the process that will correct this behavior. Important: There are different sets of instructions based on your vehicle and model year.
- For Toyota/Scion model years 2012 or later with a touch screen, click here.
- For Toyota/Scion model years before 2012 and Lexus model years before 2010, click here.
- Sirius Family Friendly
- Sirius Mostly Music
- Sirius News, Sports & Talk
- Sirius Español
- Sirius Basic
Why? Without the refresh, your Sirius radio may receive some channels that should not be included with the package you've chosen, or you might be missing others that you expect to hear.
You can easily refresh your radio from right inside your vehicle by visiting siriusxm.com/refresh on your smartphone. You can also send a refresh signal by calling toll-free to 855-MY REFRESH (855-697-3373). Important: Be sure to have your 12-digit Radio ID (or ESN#) before you begin.
A few tips to remember:
- If you refreshed your Sirius radio before July 17th, you may still need to perform this action again to realign your channels with your current subscription package.
- Your radio must be turned on to receive the refresh signal, and your car antenna must have a clear view of the sky, so make sure your vehicle is not in a garage. If your radio is located inside your vehicle, it's easiest to go to siriusxm.com/refresh from your smartphone, enter your Radio ID or ESN and click the "Send Refresh Signal" button. If you don't have a smartphone, simply call us (855-697-3373) from inside your vehicle when you're ready to perform the refresh. You may also schedule a refresh from your computer by going to our website.
- Whichever method you choose, remember that the signal will be sent to your radio within a few moments of your request, so make sure your radio is turned on before requesting the signal. If you accidentally miss the refresh signal, please repeat the process above.
Click here for a copy of these instructions that you can print out and keep with you.
XM radios should not have required a refresh on July 17th. If you have a Sirius radio and subscribe to one of the packages below, here’s how to determine if your radio requires a refresh:
The first time you turn on your radio beginning July 17th:
- Allow your radio to update. This might take a few minutes.
- When your radio has finished updating, tune to the channel listed next to the name of your package in the chart below.
- If you hear the channel listed, you're all set! You do NOT need a refresh.
- If you hear nothing, if the channel number does not appear, or if you see a message like "unsubscribed channel" you will need to refresh your radio.
If You Subscribe to… On July 17th, Tune to Channel… You Should Hear… Sirius Family Friendly 109 SiriusXM Stars Mostly Music 121 SiriusXM Public Radio News, Sports & Talk 121 SiriusXM Public Radio Español 121 SiriusXM Public Radio Basic 121 SiriusXM Public Radio
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Click here for a copy of these instructions that you can print out and take to your vehicle.
Other Back to top
Why won't my Sirius radio go over 128 channels?
Certain older Sirius radios lack the appropriate bandwidth to receive over 128 channels, including many which have been added in recent years such as many of our play-by-play sports channels. We apologize for any inconvenience. Visit our store at shop.siriusxm.com where you'll find a variety of radios including ones that can be used in your vehicle. Current SiriusXM subscribers may be eligible for discounts on most radios. If you'd like to upgrade your radio to one of our newer models so you can receive the additional channels, call 1-866-528-7474. Our Listener Care agents are available Monday thru Saturday 8am – 11pm ET and Sunday 8am – 8pm ET to assist you.
Why are the channels I previously blocked from my radio no longer blocked?
For a few customers, the lineup adjustments and channel additions on July 17th may have affected your channel blocking settings. If you currently use this feature, we encourage you to download a new channel guide at siriusxm.com/channelupdate, then check and adjust your settings accordingly after July 17th.
If you have an XM radio, your channel blocking settings were not affected.
I have an A La Carte package. How do these channel additions and lineup adjustments affect me?
If you made your A La Carte selections a while ago, there could be new channels available to you now that weren't available when you made your original selections. We want you to get the most enjoyment possible from SiriusXM, so beginning July 17th, we started giving A La Carte and A La Carte Gold subscribers a complimentary, one-time adjustment to their channel lineup.
To review or change your selections at no charge, log into siriusxm.com/myaccount, then follow the easy instructions to add or change channels so your personalized lineup contains the channels you want to hear. We'll waive the $5.00 change fee the first time you change your A La Carte selections on or after July 17. For step-by-step instructions, click here.
With such a wide variety of channels to choose from, this is a great opportunity to try something new!
*The standard $5.00 fee was applied to any changes made to A La Carte channel selections before July 17th.
I have a 2011 model Ford, Lincoln, Mercury or Fiat vehicle. The radio in my car is not displaying the Rock category or Rock channels. What should I do?
Choose Select Genre and then choose All. Rock channels are now displayed. You can also tune to channels in the Rock category via the tuning knob or manual channel entry.
I have a portable radio. My scheduled recordings are now recording the incorrect program. What should I do?
If you have one of the portable devices below with a recording feature, we encourage you to check and adjust your scheduled recordings. Only a small number of channels were moved, but if the program you want to record has moved and you do not adjust your settings, your radio will record the incorrect program.
If this happens to you, simply reset your scheduled recordings. For help with this task, please consult the user guide that came with your radio. If you don't have it, click here to find user guides for most of our radios. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sirius radio models
- Stiletto10 (SL10)
- Stiletto100 (SL100)
- Stiletto2 (SL2)
XM radio models
- Samsung Nexus
- Pioneer XMp3
- SiriusXM XMp3i
Why do channel logos not appear on my radio?
Some portable Sirius radios cannot display the new channel logos, and will instead display the Sirius dog icon or the channel name and number. The issue applies to the following radios:
- Stiletto10 (SL10)
- Stiletto100 (SL100)
- Stiletto2 (SL2)
Please note that this does not affect any of the actual programming you hear.
I have a Mercedes Benz and am having difficulty switching to or from "All Channels" to other categories on the radio in my car.
If you are having trouble switching categories with the left and right arrow buttons on the radio in your Mercedes Benz vehicle, simply:
- Push and hold the ON button for at least 10 seconds (this will turn your radio off).
- Push the button again to turn the radio back on. The issue should now be resolved.
If you're still having trouble, contact Mercedes Benz customer care for further assistance at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372).
I have a Mercedes Benz. The Sirius radio in my car resets every 55 seconds or says, "Call Sirius to Subscribe". What should I do?
A small number of satellite radios used in Mercedes Benz vehicles may not properly adjust to the new channel locations. If you have this type of radio in your vehicle, you may notice that the radio resets every 55 seconds, or says "Call Sirius to Subscribe" when playing audio. For help fixing this issue, just call Listener Care at 1-866-528-7474, Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm ET and Sunday 8am – 8pm ET.
I have a BMW or Mini. My presets are missing from the Sirius radio in my vehicle. What should I do?
Most BMW or Mini owners who experience this issue can remedy the problem by storing their presets again. Consult your vehicle owner's manual if you are unsure of how to store a preset. If your vehicle's radio will not allow you to store presets, please contact your BMW or Mini dealership.
I have a model year 2009 Land Rover LR3, Range Rover, or Range Rover Sport. The radio in my vehicle keeps displaying an "acquiring signal" or "Sirius update please wait" message. What should I do?
If you experience this issue, here’s what to do:
- Turn on your vehicle and radio.
- Allow your radio to run in Sirius mode for 3 minutes.
- Shut off the vehicle and remove your key from the ignition.
- Wait for 3 minutes.
- Turn on the vehicle and return to Sirius mode.
If this does not fix the issue please contact your Land Rover or Range Rover dealership.
I drive a Chrysler and I am not receiving all of my channels. What should I do?
Certain radios installed in Chrysler vehicles will need a signal refresh to properly sync with the updated SiriusXM lineup.
You can easily refresh your radio from right inside your vehicle by visiting siriusxm.com/refresh on your smartphone. You can also send a refresh signal by calling toll-free to 855-MY REFRESH (697-3373). Be sure to have your Radio ID (or ESN#) before you begin. Click here for a copy of these instructions that you can print out and keep with you.
Most radios will display the Radio ID (ESN or SID) when you tune it to channel 0. If this doesn't work on your radio, click here to find your radio and follow the instructions on how to display your Radio ID.
If you need further assistance, please click here to chat with an agent who will help you find your Radio ID (or ESN).